[mythtv-users] X cpu usage at 30%

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 13 15:56:53 EDT 2004

I'm building another mythtv PVR box with the following specs and I'm having
problems with X. It is using 30% of my CPU to playback video, and that's not
right. Now I had the same setup on a 1.33 AMD thunderbird and it worked
perfectly.... I need help, any ideas? I think it is Xv or something doing
this, but it is compiled in with mythtv.

Fluxbox on Gentoo, 2.6.7rc love sources
Geforce4 mx440 PCI tried official NVidia drivers 4363 (2.6 hack) and 5336
Pentium 4 1.8ghz
512MB PC2700 DDR
VIA mobo
30GB 7200rpm ata100 HD
ATI Wonder VE

I'm playing back MPEG4 video from the backend, and even capturing straight
with live TV does the same thing. Any playback of video results in X CPU %
going through the roof. I'm using mythtv CVS current as of June 12th. I'm
also running Xorg, but I doubt that is it, it runs fine on my other box.