[mythtv-users] Recording LED almost working.

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Fri Jun 11 06:30:04 EDT 2004

At 11:08 11/06/2004 +0100, you wrote:

>As Tim suggested, I was going to use the serial port next, but the pundit
>only has one, and that's taken up by the redremote serial blaster that
>controls my Sky digibox. (Sat receiver)

I'm not quite sure which IR receiver you're using - is it a homebrew or a
bought one? Just thinking it might have a spare channel or two that you can
use to hack your IR blaster to incorporate the recording LED into.

>And David H., a keyboard? Good suggestion, not one I would have thought
>of, but there's no keyboard on my pundit, as it's all remote conrolled.

Like most users on this list, I imagine this would be more useful to me
than using an LED plugged into the serial/parallel port. Something that
flashed say the scroll lock light whenever things were being recorded. I
think it'd be useful enough to be incorporated into Myth...? I had a gander
around for keyboard light apps last night, but gentoo doesn't have anything
immediately useful to me (GNOME/KDE based only), and I couldn't be bothered
to install something like ledcontrol
http://www.hut.fi/~spniskan/ledcontrol/ from source, as I had other fish to fry.