[mythtv-users] PVR-250 distortion/noise and black border

Isaac Force gorgonous at web-ster.com
Thu Jun 10 19:03:03 EDT 2004

I posted this in the ivtv forum earlier this week but didn't get much of a
response, so I thought I'd ask you all to see if anybody would know what the
problem might be:

IVTV version:
ivtv: version 0.1.9 (release) loading

Firmware:
ivtv: Decoder revision: 0x02020023

lspci:
Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15 MPEG-2 Encoder
(rev 01)
Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15 MPEG-2 Encoder
(rev 01)
(Two cards)

Current settings:
http://autognosis.org/pvr250/video0.txt
http://autognosis.org/pvr250/video1.txt

------

I'm having two problems:

First, I have a black border around the sides and bottom of my recordings.
This happens at all resolutions. Example:
http://autognosis.org/pvr250/720x480.jpg

[The reply that I received on my forum posted indicated that this is by
design, so perhaps it's not actually an issue?]

Second, on my secondary card (I have two cards in my machine), I
consistently get strange "noise" in my video -- it appears as vertical
stripes that go through the video and distorts the surrounding colors. It
seems to affect reds the most.
http://autognosis.org/pvr250/noise.jpg

These were taken using by cat'ing the devices to a raw mpeg (cat /dev/videox
> testdump.mpg), then using mplayer to rip the first frame to jpeg.
(mplayer -frames 1 -vo jpeg testdump.mpg) I also have these problems when
using MythTV.

Not sure where to start with troubleshooting these issues.. Any suggestions?