[mythtv-users] Old topic rehashed - X-less backend?

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 12:27:28 EDT 2004

>There's really no reason to -- You're talking about a few MB of space used
>for
>the X/Qt libraries vs. many GB for recordings.

It wasn't really space I was worried about, I just didn't want to have to
drag X into the equation, since the box is squirelled away (which rules out
hooking a monitor to it) and (for possible unnecessary reasons) I like to
keep as little software on it as possible, especially since I'd have to
install software from testing/unstable (namely Qt). As you point out, X and
Qt libs are very small, and this box has far too much free space, even on
the /usr partition...

I'll give shunting mythconverg over a go. Thanks for the clarification (and
to David as well, just read your mail too) - the best I got from googling
et al was that "it might work", at least now I know it won't!