[mythtv-users] Hello can any one help me????

Chris Strom mythtv at eeeCooks.com
Wed Jun 9 07:40:01 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 04:07:05PM +1000, Michelle Moss wrote:
> Mattias Quadt wrote:
[snip]
> >Error in 3995:294: error occurred while parsing content
[snip]

> Sorry, I can't really help you except to say that I use the --file
> option without any problems here in Belgium. To me it looks as though
> there is a problem with the xml file (but I know very little about this
> stuff). Maybe you should try a different grabber just to see if that
> will work?

I would second that the problem is with the xml file.  You can use
xmllint to verify that it's well-formed (correct character set, balanced
tags).  If it's not a problem with the well-formedness of the document,
then it seems (based on the parsing error) that the document is not in
the correct format (i.e. tags are out of order, don't correspond to the
DTD).

Not having access to your XML file, and not being that familiar with the
XML format, I can't say for sure what the problem is.  Even so, when
working with XML, start with well-formedness, then examine validity (tag
order when compared with the DTD).