[mythtv-users] thinking of upgrading my myth setup..

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Tue Jun 8 10:23:48 EDT 2004

well..  everything is going hunky-dory now :)

am thinking of upgrading my setup..here's how it is now:

bedroom (backend): fc1, mythtv .15 (latest upgrade): athlon xp1.8,
150gb, 1gb, Avermedia TV Studio card: NTL Cable (UK)

front room (front end): fc1, mythtv .15 (latest upgrade), athlon xp1.8,
150gb, 1gb

all running over a 100Mb network..

now.. in the front room I also have a Sky box (UK).. and I have a spare
bt878 wintv card not being used.. am thinking of putting that in the
frontend and connecting it to the Sky Box..

couple of question..

am presuming this will then allow me to watch one program and record
another (ie record a program on NTL and watch another on Sky).. is this
right?

where will the recordings be saved.. will I have a place for recordings
on both drives? or will they be in the same place? and if the latter..
which mysql db will know about them?

secondly.. if I'm watching tv in the front room.. and want to switch
between a program thats on LiveTV on the Sky box.. and a program thats
on LiveTV on the NTL box.. how will I manage this?

am sure there's other questions.. but that'll do for now :)

Thanks in advance..

Craig