[mythtv-users] Re: can't compile lirc w/ fedora core 2

Franco net.surfer at tiscali.it
Mon Jun 7 19:37:50 EDT 2004

THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! Thank everybody for the suggestions.
It was really an hardware problem, and now my mythbox works correctly.
I had wasted so much time on it, I can't believe now it works.
I'm so happy! :-)

BTW, I run memtest-86 3.0 for more than an hour but it didn't
report any error.

I worked a little bit on BIOS settings and... surprise!
The CPU was running too slow! This AMD should be clocked
at 1.83 GHz, but it was running at 1.4xxx instead. Once
I clocked it at 1.83 GHz again (and ensured the RAM timings
were the most aggressive allowed)... voila`! The system
runs like a charm, I can put it under heavy load, do many kernel
compilations in parallel... no more problems!

I believe my mistake was to upgrade the BIOS, a few weeks ago.
It probably reset its setting to default values.
I installed FC2 immediately after and thought the problems were due
to FC2, as I read lots of messages about problems with FC2....

Thank you very much, again
Franco