[mythtv-users] New Problem.. Can't get past the apt-get dist-upgradel

Jon Kunze jkunze at pop3.utoledo.edu
Mon Jun 7 17:55:24 EDT 2004

I've started all over after many problems with ALSA, and now after three
attempts, I can't get past the "apt-get && apt-get dist-upgrade" step. It
seems to run fine, downloads the updates and installs them in about 30
minutes. After that is completed, I then type the command "apt-get update"
and bash comes back with "/usr/bin/apt-get: No such file or directory" What
the heck happened to it? I've gotten past this step 5-6 times when I was
dealing with the ALSA crap, and now it won't get past this. Anyone have any
ideas? As it says in Jarod's guide, I'm installing the updates with the
command "rpm -Uvh
http://atrpms.net/dist/fc1/atrpms-kickstart/atrpms-kickstart-22-1.rhfc1.at.i
386.rpm". Anyone who can help, I would be greatly appreciative. I don't
understand why this is happening now. Thanks in advance.

Jon