[mythtv-users] Re: Performance problem with PVR350

Matthias Meyer Matthias.Meyer at gmx.li
Sun Jun 13 07:24:04 EDT 2004

Am Montag, 7. Juni 2004 23:48 schrieb Matthias Meyer:
> Hello
>
> I have MythTV 0.15, running debian 3.0 by PIII 600MHz with 256MB RAM
> I can watch TV but unfortunately there are a lot of frame drops. The CPU
> stated 80-90%
> Is it possible to tune it?
>
> And, during watching TV it continuously reduced the free space on / until
> the screen stop.
> Where I can limit the usable disk space? Where I can define which partion
> MythTV should use for that?

Thanks to all and especially Torsten Schenkel (see
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/)

I connect both, the TV-Out of my PVR350 and the TV-Out of my ATI Rage128 to
my TV and configure X to use this devices (see my /etc/X11/XF86Config):

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier  "PAL Monitor"
	HorizSync  30-68
	VertRefresh 50-120
	Mode "720x576"
		DotClock 41.476
		HTimings 720 752 840 928
		VTimings 576 580 584 600
		Flags    "-HSync" "-VSync"
	EndMode
EndSection
Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Hauppauge PVR 350 iTVC15 Framebuffer"
	Driver	"ivtvdev"
	Option	"fbdev" "/dev/fb0"
	BusID	"PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection
Section "Screen"
	Identifier  "TV Screen"
	Device      "Hauppauge PVR 350 iTVC15 Framebuffer"
	Monitor     "PAL Monitor"
	DefaultDepth 24
	DefaultFbbpp 32
	Subsection "Display"
		Depth 24
		FbBpp 32
		Modes	"720x576"
	EndSubsection
EndSection

In the mythfrontend I configure (as descriped in this thread) the usage of
the PVR encoder through /dev/video16.
--
no panic