[mythtv-users] Problem with ALSA, FC1, and nforce audio following Jarod's Guide

Gregory J. McGee gjmcgee at cableone.net
Mon Jun 7 12:24:55 EDT 2004

When I first started my odyssey of getting mythtv up, I wasted over a
month, part time, but still many hours, trying to get ALSA to work.

One day I commented out anything ALSA related, and added a "modprobe
intel8x0" and muted my aux input for the sound patch cord in aumix.

Has worked ever since.

The backend pops up bogus warnings that the sound card isn't full
duplex, but they are BS, the driver just doesn't report capabilities
right.

FIC AU11/NF2 w ALC650 sound.

If you are dead set on getting ALSA to work, install Mandrake Official,
and add thacs.rpms, contrib, and PLF to your urpmi sources, and "urpmi
mythtv-suite"

ALSA is the default, but it will switch back and forth if you like.
Seemed to work fine.

You should be recording in an hour assuming you have DSL or better.
(That includes a wipe/install)

I still use OSS. YMMV.