[mythtv-users] Can't get video on TV screen

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sat Jun 5 14:06:56 EDT 2004

On Jun 4, 2004, at 22:01, Mike Diehl (Encrypted email preferred) wrote:

> I'm trying to solve a few problems tonight.
>
> I'm trying to get video on my TV screen instead of the monitor.  I've
> to an
> Nforce MX440 video card on a Gentoo Linux box.
>
> If I select the S-vid 1 input on my TV, I get trash.
> I've done everything I've been able to find on the web to get this to
> work.
>
> Here is the relevent section of my XF86config file:
>
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier  "Card0"
>         Driver      "nv"
> #       Driver      "nvidia"
>         VendorName  "nVidia Corporation"
>         BoardName   "NV18 [GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8x]"
>         ChipSet     "GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X"
>         BusID       "PCI:3:0:0"
> Option      "RenderAccel" "1"
>  # TV Out Setup
>  Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
>  Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
>  Option      "TVOverScan" "0.6"
> EndSection
>
> It's interesting that I've not been able to load the "nvidia" driver;
> instead,
> I had to load the "nv" driver.
>
> What am I missing?

First off, the nv driver doesn't support TV-Out, so if you want to
display X on your TV, you need to get the nvidia driver working... Why
it isn't working, I couldn't say. I use an almost identical device
section on one of my boxes, and it works perfectly. The only difference
(besides the names, which don't matter) is I didn't both specifying the
BusID. What exactly do you mean when you say you haven't been able to
load the nvidia driver? (i.e., what error message(s) do you get).

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/