[mythtv-users] mythvideo and removable media

Xavier Hervy maxpower44 at tiscali.fr
Tue Jun 1 16:13:22 EDT 2004

Leo Weppelman wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 08:48:15PM +0200, Xavier Hervy wrote:
>
>>Hi Leo,
>>
>>I just make and submit a patch which allow to play movie on cd/dvd data
>>in videobrowser. Like you said, i made an auto umount or eject feature
>>when you leave handle function. see in dev list.
>

> Yes, I saw it. I am eager to try it out! Fast work ;-)
>

>>>I run it on one of the Stargate cd's I get:
>>> # isoinfo -d -i /dev/cdrom
>>> CD-ROM is in ISO 9660 format
>>> System id: LINUX
>>> Volume id: Stargate_509+510

>>Can you tell me what volname return on this cd ?
>

>  # volname /dev/cdrom
>  Stargate_509+510
>  #
>
> Exactly the same.
>

>>I prefer to not install other soft, then i think i will not use isoinfo
>>(a lot of dependance ...)
>

> Note that volname is part of the 'eject' package.  While isoinfo comes with
> the 'mkisofs' package. Neither needed to be installed for mythtv.  I am
> using Debian by the way (in case it matters ;-)
>
> Leo.

you 're right, it will be better to implement the volname in myth, i
will take a look of cdrom library when i have time.
In this time i use eject in my patch then i have "eject" package ;-)

For my patch, i have a little problem, don't know if you try it, but you
can choice "Do nothing", "umount" or "eject" after use a cd. I have a
trouble with umount, it seems that not works but don't know why.
If you try it, can you tell me if it's the same for you ?
When i leave mythtv and made a manual umount it's work. I can't try when
myth is launch because i have trouble with keyboard in x session.

xavier