[mythtv-users] PVR350 TV-OUT (PAL) not Working (probably X-Server Config?)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jul 26 18:32:45 EDT 2004

Frank Bertling wrote:

>>Note
>>also that these ck releases (the .tgz files, not the .diff files) have
>>provided an updated ivtvdev driver (with some bugfixes).  I can't tell
>>you whether the updated ivtvdev works with older ivtv drivers.  See
>>patches/README for more information about installing ivtvdev.
>>I'll also mention that the newest CK patches autodetect settings--even
>>the PAL settings automatically.  For example, with
>>ivtv-0.1.10pre2-ck100b, the only required settings in modules.conf (or
>>modprobe.conf) should be:
>>    alias char-major-81 videodev
>>    alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
>>    # Only if using the ivtv framebuffer
>>    # Even then, optional, could manually be inserted
>>    #add above ivtv ivtv-fb
>>And the ivtv modules are loaded with:
>>    modprobe ivtv
>>

>So your advising me to try the ivtv-0.1.10pre2-ck100b?
>Would this download contain ivtv _and_ ivtvdev files?

It's definitely worth a try.  If you download
ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck100b.tgz (
http://kmos.org/~ckennedy/ivtv/ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck100b.tgz ), you'll
find the ivtvdev driver in the utils directory and instructions for
installing it in patches/README/

Note that the one option you might need to specify with the new version
(if you're using a French SECAM version) is:

options ivtv tdda9887=0

Mike