Configuring sattelite for DVB-S under MythTV (Was "Re: [mythtv-users] DVB-S under MythTV")

Lukasz Michal Rak L.Rak at elka.pw.edu.pl
Thu Jul 22 14:47:04 EDT 2004

	Hi all!

 It's me again. Could anybody help to configure satellite for DVB-S under
MythTV? I want to get TV from Astra satellita. Scan utility from
linuxtv-dvb-apps gets following parameters for scanning channels at Astra:

[root at localhost test]# more dvb-s/Astra-19.2E
# Astra 19.2E SDT info service transponder
# freq pol sr fec
S 12551500 V 22000000 5/6

And in Myth's satallite configuration menu we have following items:

Satellite Name:........ (A textual representation of this satellite or
cluster of satellites)

Satellite Position:.... (A textual representation of which position the
satellite is located at ('1W'))

LNB LOF Switch:........ (This defines at what frequency (in hz) the LNB
will do a switch from high to low setting, and vice versa.)

LNB LOF Low:........... (This defines the offset (in hz) the frequency
coming from the lnb will be in low setting.)

LNB LOF High:.......... (This defines the offset (in hz) the frequency
coming from the lnb will be in high setting.)

I don't see any relation between ones and others. How should I set this
settings in MythTV so I could watch TV from Astra satellite? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

 Regards,

				Lukasz