[mythtv-users] Need advice for storage project

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Wed Jul 21 23:34:28 EDT 2004

Nathan Richardson wrote:

> Anbody got any other interesting mass storage setups?

An old K6-III 450 PC running Gentoo with 3 IDE hard drives.  (Each on
its own channel)

BOOT partition ext3 on RAID1 with hot spare
SWAP partitions distributed across the 3 drives (not sure if this is the
best, but I've heard of potential issues with having SWAP on RAID)
ROOT partition xfs on RAID1 with hot spare
STORE partition xfs on RAID5

So far it only exists in VMWare on my regular PC, but once I purchase
the drives it will be ready to go.

-WD