[mythtv-users] Re: Avermedia M179 issues w/ CVS Myth on 2.4.x kernel

Johnny Lee johnny at fishcounts.com
Wed Jul 21 11:11:17 EDT 2004

I am using the Tuner 0 input from the M179. It was the 4th option and when I
did the command line test_ioctl -p 4 that's when I got it to work. Actually
livetv works fine. It's just when I hit record it goes nutts and stops
working. So basically I reset the ivtv driver, restart mythbackend, run
livetv.. Then it works. Hit record, dies. Do the whole thing again but wait
for a scheduled recording and it dies. Maybe I just have a bad card?

Johnny Lee