[mythtv-users] X Error: BadAlloc on frontend

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Jul 14 13:08:54 EDT 2004

I searched first and found only one other thread about this, which was
never completed.

I'm running a frontend on:
Dell Optilplex GX150 with 512RAM
FC2
mythtv-0.15.20040528-1

I have had mythtv frontend running on this exact hardware previously.
When I connect to the backend and try to play a recording I get these
errors scrolling across the terminal window:
X Error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation) 11
  Major opcode:  141
  Minor opcode:  19
  Resource id:  0x0
X Error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation) 11
  Major opcode:  141
  Minor opcode:  19
  Resource id:  0x0
X Error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation) 11
  Major opcode:  141
  Minor opcode:  19
  Resource id:  0x0

A "top" while this is happening looks like:
http://www.obrien-pifer.com/mythtv/mythtv-fe-top

Any suggestions or other information I should provide?

Thanks,
James