[mythtv-users] Mythtv, nvidia and tvout

huffman at graze.net huffman at graze.net
Tue Jul 13 13:31:50 EDT 2004

Based on what I've been reading, I may first play around with the modes and see
if I can get a mode that does not require scaling.  From what I'm reading, it
seems that the problem has more to do w/ the card being forced to scale up or
down....since it sounds like the TVOut already outputs an interlaced signal.

I guess if there was some way to pass the interlaced signal that the PVR-250
records straight through (w/o deinterlacing, scaling, and then
re-interlacing...or whatever is happening), it would be perfect.  Obviously this
isn't possible since Myth does things like Add the OSD on top of it and other
graphical modifications to the original recording.

-b

Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org> wrote:
> I also have these issues.  Last night I attempted to use XvMC in an effort to
address them, but my frontend fails with some "XvMC unable to allocate..." error
message.  I have read elsewhere that XvMC and nvidia 6106 do not get along, but
until my experience yesterday, this was not confirmed.  I may have other
problems, so I still do not know if XvMC offers any hope or not.  I would be
interested to hear if you are successful with this mode, or any other method to
smooth the playback...

> -dvh
> > > From: Thomas B=F6rkel <thomas at boerkel.de>
> > Date: 2004/07/13 Tue AM 10:26:10 EDT
> > To: Brian Huffman <sheep at graze.net>, >         Discussion about mythtv
<mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> > Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Mythtv, nvidia and tvout
> > > HI!
> > > huffman at graze.net wrote:
> > > Thank you for your reply...at least I know there's someone else out there
that's
> > > listening.  That's more than I usually get from this list.  :-(  If I find
> > > Either our eyes are defective or those from the others. ;-)
> > > the CVS version of Myth - I hear that there is work being done on the A/V
sync
> > > to improve its performance.
> > > But I think, that will only possibly help the non-smooth panning motion.
> > > Normally, deinterlacing should help against the motion blur, but it does >
not really.
> > > About using XvMC: What was the potential problem when using XvMC again?> >
Thomas