[mythtv-users] selecting default tuner

Chris Wieringa cwieri39 at calvin.edu
Tue Jul 13 11:38:03 EDT 2004

I know that this has been hashed out before on the list, but my browsing of the
archives didn't answer my question, so...

How can I force a card to be the default card for recording?  The only
solution I have seen is to define them in the order you want them used when you
run MythSetup - which I have done.

My scenario:  PVR-250, Ati TV Wonder.  I'm installing the modules on bootup so
that that PVR-250 is /dev/video0 and the TV-Wonder is /dev/video1.  I've
configured MythSetup with the PVR-250 first, and the TV-Wonder second.  The
capturecard table confirms that the PVR-250 has cardid = 1, and the TV-Wonder
has cardid = 2.  However, all of my scheduled recordings are being recorded on
the Ati TV-Wonder (encoder 2)!  Only when two shows are being recorded
simultaneously is it using the PVR-250 (encoder 1).  MythWeb's status screen
shows my schedule and that Encoder 2 will record all my shows.

Any ideas?  I'm running MythTV 0.15.1.

Chris Wieringa
cwieri39 at calvin.edu