[mythtv-users] Setup Questions (kernel/second tuner card/vga->hdtv)

Liquid Gecka liquid_gecka at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 04:42:00 EDT 2004

I finally got my MythTV box up and running enough to
get past the wife factor. Now with that hurdle past I
am looking to change/update a few things. If you have
any thoughts and suggestions on any of these steps
please let me know:

Step 1: I want to move from the Hauppauge PVR 350's TV
out to my nvidia card through an adapter to my HDTV.
Anybody know of a good YbYrYwhatever converter capable
of doing 1080i? Something in the $100 range would be
nice.

Step 2: Get the second video input going. I currently
have a ATI TV Wonder VE that I can seem to get working
for anything. I can get video okay but I can not get
it to change channels for anything. Any thoughts?
(seems to be a tuner problem between ivtv and bttv,
but that is a rough guess) I am thinking about getting
an Avermedia M150. Anybody using a PVR350 and a M150
in the same system?

Step 3: Switch over to a 2.6 series kernel. Currently
I am running 2.4.25 because it is the only one that
works with the i2c driver for the hauppauge card. With
2.4 everything works fine, with 2.6 the remote only
works %10 of the time if that. Anybody been able to
overcome this issue?

- Brady
(All revelent config files from my mythtv system can
be found at http://gecka.us/mythtv)