[mythtv-users] Nvidia TVout problem

fweebles at cerebellum.salem.nexgengaming.com fweebles at cerebellum.salem.nexgengaming.com
Thu Jul 8 18:41:34 EDT 2004

Hi there, long time listener, first time caller.

I've got myth 0.15.1 up on my new box (7NIF2 motherboard, nice except for the inherent ACPI issues), and everything is running like a dream.  Except, unfortunately, that part where you actually want to watch TV through the TV-out.

I've seen a few threads in the archives about this, but all of the discussed solutions haven't helped so far.  Any time there is TV picture on the screen (i.e., in the program guide or while watching LiveTV), there appears to be many horizontal lines running through the screen, as if some of the display is slightly shifted over to the right.  What is happening to me that I /haven't/ yet seen on the lists is that this corrupts Myth's graphics output horribly.  If you then press Escape and go back to the menus, the menus themselves are totall corrupted with flickering, and one part of the right side of the screen is now on the left side of the screen.

What's even weirder is that if I use the keyboard and switch displays (for example, ALT-F1 to go back to the text console to look some stuff up), when I return to the X-display, the corrupted menus are fixed.

I'm using the ATrpms kernel outlined in Jarod's guide, nvidia's 6106 drivers, and I've tried deinterlacing, not deinterlacing, kernel deinterlacing (kerneldeint filter), adjust filter, overscan, underscan, RenderAccel on and off -- so far nothing has made much of a difference.

There used to be a weird phenomenon where the screen seemed shifted right by 50%, where there was a weird vertical bar down the middle, and the left part of the screen started after the bar and the right part of the screen was on the left, but I fixed this by lowering my output resolution in my XF86Config to 640x480.

I've got a few of the old drivers (4363, and if necessary, 5336) sitting on my box, but haven't had a chance to test them with the TV set, as the rest of the household has actually wanted to use the TV for once. :)

Would the drivers (possibly) fix this, or am totally running in the wrong direction?

Thanks,
--Trevor