[mythtv-users] Re: Re: Yet another noobie sanity check ;-)

Couvrette, Jeffrey C. JEFFREY.C.COUVRETTE at saic.com
Thu Jul 8 15:56:24 EDT 2004

It's getting old, but the Asus Pundit is still a great system for a MythTV
Frontend/Backend.  It's quite and small and cheap.  For $150 (newegg.com),
you get a case, PSU, and motherboard with graphics, 5.1 audio, network,
firewire, USB2, 2 PCI ports, PCMCIA Port - in a nice package.  I use one and
would highly recommend it.  The picture quality is good, as is the sound (I
use optical).  I can't hear it running in my quiet living room.  I would
also recommend an infrared keyboard/mouse unit and then programming a
universal remote to enter your key strokes.  But a remote does come with the
PVR-250 as well.  There is also lots of help in the community from other
Pundit users and very specific set up guides with Fedora Core 1.

Pundit	$150
Hard Drive	$200	250G
Memory	$80	512MB
PVR-250	$133