[mythtv-users] MythNews - news about myth ;-)

David Muench dave at wasteland.org
Thu Jul 8 15:44:14 EDT 2004

> On Thursday 08 July 2004 13:49, David Muench wrote:
> AFAIK, this is not true... when you do a 'cvs checkout', it only fetches
> down a particular version of the file(s).  The history/changelog
> information remains in the RCS control file in the repository, which is
> still on mythtv.org.... and 'cvs history' is a rather expensive
> operation.  To do what you're suggesting and use your bandwith, you'd
> still need to mirror the mythtv.org *repository* on a daily basis.
>
> -JAC

I just did some testing and you're mostly right. It's not using cvs
history, but it is using cvs log which appears to access the repository. I
don't know how much a "cvs log" taxes the cvs server, but I'm not
interested in finding out.

I'll work out a different way to do this. Thanks for pointing this out.

Dave