[mythtv-users] Xvid4 and Nuvexport

John Sturgeon john at sturgeonfamily.com
Thu Jul 8 12:38:06 EDT 2004

Tom Craddock wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Ive read thru the gossamer threads on this issue as much as I could,
> searching with multiple keywords and phrasing, and no luck.  I am
> trying to use nuvexport, have installed the latest ffmpeg as of Sun
> July 4, 2004 off of the apt-get sources list from Axels ATRpms.  When
> I set it up to transcode, this is what it has to say
>

> --------------Begin
> nuvexport--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[snip]

> [export_xvid4.so] Neither './xvid4.cfg' nor '~/.transcode/xvid4.cfg'
>
> [export_xvid4.so] found. Default settings will be used instead.
>
> (decode_mpeg2.c) video write failed.
>
> ------------------------End nuvexport---------------
>

> When I do
>

> $locate xvid4.cfg
>

> I get
>
> /usr/lib/transcode/xvid4.cfg
>

> So I know I have the file its looking for and in the correct place.  I
> read thru a couple of posts, and it suggest chaging your
> export_Trans_XviD.pm so it says xvid4 instead of xvid, which Ive done,
> still no luck.  I also read that I should try to run updatedb as root,
> which also affected no better results. If anyone has some pointers for
> me, please let me know. I can export to DivX, but I cant seem to find
> any settings which give me as close to as good a copy as I cann see if
> I just watch the actual .nuv file.

If I understand your question, are you thinking that xvid4 cannot find
your configuration file?  It *does* find it.  If you want to customize
it, you should place a copy of it in your ~/.transcode directory.  The
video write failed is an unrelated (and, from what I can gather so far
harmless) error, and one that I believe you get whenever you run
transcode from within another scripting environment (at least I get that
error  when running transcode from a php script).

--
John Sturgeon <><