[mythtv-users] What are my realistic expections with pvr250 andP3 600Mhz?

Chris Wieringa cwieri39 at calvin.edu
Wed Jul 7 08:13:23 EDT 2004

>> When watching live tv, I get this skipping and pausing of video and
>> audio...this is at 480x480.
>>
>> I can get to near skip free at 320x480....but, occasionally the picture
>> 'tears'....
>>
>> I've got a GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8x
>> P3 600 Mhz Pentium
>> Haupauge PVR 250
>> Audigy2 sound card
>> 256 M RAM
>
>I have the following setup:
>GeForce4 MX 440 AGP
>P3 930 MHz
>2 x AverMedia M179 (same as a pvr 250)
>Onboard sound of some sort
>512 M ram

On the low end, I got this setup to work:
K6-3 450 MHz
Hauppauge PVR-250
GeForce4 MX 440 AGP
SB16
512MB RAM

I was doing recordings at 480x480 without any issue, although I occasionally
had stuttering when I wasn't using XvMC.  Turn on XvMC and see what you get - I
was getting approximately 30-35% CPU usage when playing back a pre-recorded
show.  http://www.chriswieringa.com/page.php?page=projects_mythtv

Chris