[mythtv-users] RE: nvidia new drivers hdtv/interlacing, any benefit for us non HDTV people?

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Mon Jul 5 15:08:33 EDT 2004

Chris Vargas wrote:

>I know that kerneldeint does a fine job of
>deinterlacing, but the point that I and others are
>making is, you wouldn't need to do it (nor would you
>need to double the playback rate) if correct playback
>and output of interlaced source was possible.

Doubling the frame rate so that even frames are displayed on one sync
and odd frames the next *is* the correct playback method for interlaced
video on a TV AFAIK.  Aside from deinterlacing it there's not much else
you can do. I would think it'd now be possible to do given that you can
now explicitly specify an interlaced video mode with the driver.