[mythtv-users] Distorted sound on LiveTV

Michael Skaastrup Michael at Skaastrup.dk
Sun Jul 4 19:02:36 EDT 2004

søn, 2004-07-04 kl. 23:19 skrev rick schultz:
> On 04 Jul 2004 14:47:17 +0200, Michael Skaastrup <michael at skaastrup.dk> wrote:
> > When listening to the sound output on the backend server, the sound is
> > ok, but when it has gone through MythTV it's distorted.
>
> Sounds like the input level is too high.  Does it only affect LiveTV,
> or all TV recordings?
>
> I don't know your card, but mine has a line out which feeds into the
> line in on the sound card.  The sound card has a separate slider for
> input gain ("IGain" in aumix) which I have to set very low (around
> 30%) to avoid distortion.

> -rick

Tried that. Still distorted.

I don't think it is the audio level, because when i listen to the output
from the server(unmuting the aux in), the sound is crystal clear. But
when showing through LiveTV on clients, the sound distorts. It must be a
software problem.

But maybe i'm turning down the wrong lever. Who knows. In alsamixer i
have turned down every lever to about 30 pct, as you suggested, but even
though the sound level is lower, the quality is the same. (distorted)

 Michael