[mythtv-users] pvr-250mce problems with old asus p2b series MBs

Brennan brennanmh at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 3 06:35:58 EDT 2004

I have an unfortunate problem.  I have two linux
boxes, one, a single P3 running on an Asus P2B and
another running a Asus P2B DS, with dual pIII 450s.
On both machines, with the most recent bios updates
(still several years old) the hauppage pcr-250mce is
not recognized.  On boot, when the system hardware is
shown, just before OS boot, the card does not appear
on either machine.  I've tried it in all PCI slots on
both thinking is might be a bus master or competing
interrupt problem, but still it is never seen.

lspci doesn't show the card, /proc/pci et. al. doesn't
show the card.  I'm running Mandrake 10 community, but
I think the problem occurs before any OS is even
loaded.  I know it is not the card as I've put it in
my Abit AMD 1700+ machine running XP and it works just
fine.

The only thing I can think of is that the P2B series
runs all PCI cards on INT A.

Has anyone seen this problem or had it work on this
series of ASUS boards.

Thanks,