[mythtv-users] HDTV recording error: IOBOUND - blocking in

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Jul 2 18:08:22 EDT 2004

> >> I'm saw somebody mention this error a while back, but I never heard
> >> if anybody definitively resolved it.  Occasionally I get the IOBOUND

If you compiled your own install of Myth, you could try bumping up the
recording file writer buffer size from its default of 2 Megs.  Edit
mytthv/libs/libmythtv/RingBuffer.cpp and change the TFW_BUF_SIZE line
near the top to 4*1024*1024 instead of 2*1024*1024.  I don't know
what bitrate the video you're recording is at, but if it's 16Mbit or higher
then less than 1 second of video will fit in the buffer so if you have
anything that delays your backend from writing to disk you could easily
fill the buffer and get the IOBOUND error.

--

Chris