[mythtv-users] Mythvideo/IMDB script not working [Bump] [off topic]

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Thu Jul 1 11:19:14 EDT 2004

At 10:45 01/07/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>For a small network bind is overkill...

I'd heard that, but figured it'd be a good thing to add to my repertoire

>look dnsmasq (my favorite) or tinydns. FYI, if you have linksys WRT54G or
>similar linux based router box they run dnsmasq.

I use a DrayTek, which use a proprietary embedded OS (BSD-based by the
looks of it) which has a DNS cache onboard, but it only grabs from the BT
servers. Might try and patch back into Zen's and see if they notice.

>That way when your myth box is down for experiments your wife can still
>surf the web:)

If I were old enough to be married, my wife would demand I keep a hot-spare
Myth box ready for whenever the main one went down ;^) MythTV is like
crack, but as well as the first hit being free, the second and subsequent
ones are too :^)

>Without YAPC running all the time.

*hollow laugh* My next big hardware project is going to be some form of
renderfarm for encoding my DVD rips faster. I think in 10 years or so I'll
be able to build an entire house out of rackmount cabinets :^)