[mythtv-users] Mythvideo/IMDB script not working [Bump] [off topic]

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Thu Jul 1 10:33:33 EDT 2004

At 10:12 01/07/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Stephen Tait said:
> > James, David fixed it for me by hard coding the IMDB server into the hosts
> > file. Looks like IMDB has serious resolution problems for those of us in
> > the UK (images haven't been working for me and a friend for a coupla months
> > now).
>
>Why are you using them then.  I have ran caching dns servers for over 5 years
>now.  I can't think of a linux distro that doesn't come with a package for
>cache only dns in there list.  Even makes windows faster if you setup them up
>to use the linux box for DNS.

Been planning setting up my own DNS for a while, but never got around to it
due to a combination of work, women and BIND's slightly confusing syntax
(still a Linux n00b, so taking things one step at a time). Prolly just
gonna set myself up with a low power machine to use as a smoothwall box or
something.