[mythtv-users] Live TV Pauses

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Thu Jul 1 00:23:13 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 10:40:55PM -0400, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> >I'm using the native ALSA support and I'm pretty happy with it. Watching
> >recordings is fine. Watching live TV can be a problem particularly when
> >changing channels, but I rarely do that.
> >
> >A/V sync is pretty good though sometimes falls down a little.
> >
> oss or alsa emulating oss has zero issues.  No "pretty good", no
> "sometimes", no "as long as I don't do X".

OK, I'll give the OSS emulation another try. ISTR that it was better
behaved but still wasn't perfect last time I tried, eg live TV channel
changes could still cause convulsions, though less often.

I'm running DVB here so potentially my audio sampling rate can change as
I switch channels. I think other people (including Kenneth?) indicated
they had seen problems due to channel changes too.

Hamish