[mythtv-users] Mythtv crashes in live TV and only a few channels work

ed ed at advwebpro.com
Thu Jul 1 00:32:55 EDT 2004

I am a major noob to mythtv, although I have been watching forums and
reading up on everything for a while. I also have little experience with
linux in general and therefore am spending a lot of time trying to move
around.

I set up KnoppMyth on my AMD Athlon 900 system running a PVR-250, Geforce2
MX 440 card, Soundblaster Audigy sound card, and a 60 gig hard drive.

After I set everything up as simply as possible, only a few channels
actually receive anything, the others are all garbled. When I try to watch a
channel for a little while, the channel crashes. These are my major
problems. I also don't have the sound working and the remote control, but I
haven't really attempted anything.

Since I am a noob, please try to explain everything a little more in detail
(Linux commands help), because I'm still learning everything. Thanks