[mythtv-users] how to get X and mythfrontend to use 350 TV Out (almost working)

Blues Guy bluesguy_1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 31 21:42:38 EST 2004

> > Jarod said yesterday (was it yesterday?  What day
> is
> > it?) that he finally caved in and bought a
> PVR-350, so
> > you could probably expect something from his
> excellent
> > guide pretty soon as well...
>
> Hopefully it has some actual "howto" type info that
> doesn't just pertain to
> using the rpms.  90% of my mythtv setup has been
> compiled from source.

Given Jarod's previous guide's, I'm sure it'll be
terrific, but he focuses on RPM's for the ease of
setup and upgrading...

> > Your XF86Config is too confusing for me :-)...
> take a
> > look at mine.
> >
> > http://blues.gotdns.org/myth/XF86Config.html
>
> My XF86Config confused me too :-)  I'm no expert on
> it at all so I'm not sure.
> Can I have multiple "Monitor" and "Device" sections
> in it as I do?  I really
> have no idea how to set it up.

You can have multiple Monitor and Device sections, but
if you want X and TV to use the composite output, you
don't need them... Mine is about as trim as you can
get.

> Looking in your XF86Config you have this line
>
>         BusID "0:0x0e:0"
>
> How did you know what to put for "BusID" ?  I've
> seen some say the output of
> lspci -v but the output doesn't have anything labled
> Bus or BusID.

The output of lspci -v. :-)

Mine looks like this...

00:0e.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext
Compression Inc iTVC15 MPEG-2 Encoder (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc.:
<snip>

The very first thing is the bus ID 00:0e.0 which in
XF86Config gets translated to BusID "0:0x0e:0".

I'm not sure the importance of this though, as I think
I've run it without this line... I could be
remembering wrong though, it's been a while since I
set this up.