[mythtv-users] how to get X and mythfrontend to use 350 TV Out (almost working)

malcolm-mythtv mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Sat Jan 31 21:11:34 EST 2004

On Saturday 31 January 2004 06:53 pm, Blues Guy wrote:
> Are you working off the quasi-official PVR-350 TV-out
> howto at the ivtv site?
>
> (http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-print.php?page=TvOutHowto)

Yes that's the site.  I didn't know that was the "Official" howto.  I just
sorta found it while searching around.

> Jarod said yesterday (was it yesterday?  What day is
> it?) that he finally caved in and bought a PVR-350, so
> you could probably expect something from his excellent
> guide pretty soon as well...

Hopefully it has some actual "howto" type info that doesn't just pertain to
using the rpms.  90% of my mythtv setup has been compiled from source.

> Your XF86Config is too confusing for me :-)... take a
> look at mine.
>
> http://blues.gotdns.org/myth/XF86Config.html

My XF86Config confused me too :-)  I'm no expert on it at all so I'm not sure.
Can I have multiple "Monitor" and "Device" sections in it as I do?  I really
have no idea how to set it up.

Looking in your XF86Config you have this line

        BusID "0:0x0e:0"

How did you know what to put for "BusID" ?  I've seen some say the output of
lspci -v but the output doesn't have anything labled Bus or BusID.

Thanks
Malcolm