[mythtv-users] Where to buy parts for homebew IR receiver?

Eloy A. Paris peloy at chapus.net
Thu Jan 29 18:41:06 EST 2004

Tony Maro <tony at maro.net> writes:

> Eloy A. Paris wrote:
>> Guys,
>> I need to get rid of the keyboard connected to the Myth box in our
>> family room. For this I need to build an IR receiver.
>
>> I'm in the US, by the way
>
> And you don't have a Radio Shack nearby?

Well, yes I do. I should have mentioned that I've already been there,
and I bought the IR receiver from there. They do not have the TO-92
version of the 78L05 voltage regulator, though. I'd like that type of
case to try to fit everything inside a DB-9 hood. But back to your
question, Radio Shack does have everything that is needed, except that
you'll have to go with a bigger voltage regulator.

In any case, I ended up buying several parts from digikey.com, which
others mentioned. I bought enough to build a couple of IR receivers as
well as parts for another project.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Eloy.-