[mythtv-users] Feature idea: User Profiles and other goodies?

Kendrick Vargas ken at hudat.com
Wed Jan 28 23:22:29 EST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Kendrick Vargas wrote:

> What I'm thinking would be great for this would be user profiles that
> would work sorta like Windows XP's users works. A mythbackend could be
> configured to allow users to create profiles on their own, without
> passwords even needing to be set. Security could be tightened so that
> users could be created in advanced and optionally have passwords required.

PS> Since I now realize I wasn't clear in how I meant Windows XP users...
I meant in having a "Switch User" button to change users easily without
really logging out, having the ability to have an automatic login
(possibly to a "Guest" user which would have default preferences and
settings), and using an iconic interface for choosing the user (faces
style).
			-peace

--
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass