[mythtv-users] PVR-350 ivtv problems

Steve Dwyer stevedwyer at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 28 16:18:57 EST 2004

I have downloaded the 0.1.9 release of ivtv (using fedora) and compiled. I can load the modules fine and when i type cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg I get some nice snow.

So next to try was to change the input to S-Video or tune the tuner using ptune.pl but when i do either of these when i re-issue cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg i get 'cat: /dev/video0: Input/output error' and in /var/log/messages i get 'Jan 28 21:06:43 localhost kernel: ivtv: Timeout waiting for data!'

Btw Im using PAL and i have also tried apt-get install ivtv method but i get the same results.

Any Ideas

Steve