[mythtv-users] RE: Anyone using a 34" widescreen CRT for mythtv?

PB pkb7775 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 12:03:55 EST 2004

Have you tried using the DVI input instead of s-video?  can you acheive hd resolutions (or at least 480p on dvds) that way?

"Michael J. Sherman" <msherman at dsbox.com> wrote:
> I am looking at purchasing a new 34" widescreen tube for
> my myth setup. The two tvs I am looking at are the Toshiba
> 34hf83 and the Sony 34xbr910.
>
>Anyone have any experience using either of these tvs with
> mythtv and mythdvd?

I have a 34" widescreen sony (the KV34HS510). I'm waiting on delivery
of a converter box that'll take VGA and convert it to RGB so I can use
true HD resolutions. Right now I just have s-video going from my Myth
box to the HDTV, so the resolution is not as good as it could be.

The tough part is figuring out what X modelines to use. I'm still not
sure about that, but I think I've found some standard HDTV modelines to
start with and tweak from there (to adjust for overscan, etc).

-Mike