[mythtv-users] DVD rip no jobs error

Shawn Asmussen asmussen at cox.net
Tue Jan 27 14:17:50 EST 2004

David Newman said:

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
>
>> Did you configure the DVD device?  IIRC, there are different device
>> settings for playback & ripping.
>
> Yes. I can play back DVDs just fine using mplayer or xine.

The fact that you can play the DVDs isn't relevent. Joseph is saying that
that there are two different places to set the DVD device. One for
playback and one for ripping. Just because the setting for playback is
correct doesn't neccessarily mean that the one for ripping is set
correctly.

> Two other possibilities:
>
> 1. Bad media. Thor pointed out that mtd.log doesn't have any entries about
> a DVD actually being inserted. I'm using some el cheapo DVD-R discs from
> Fry's and maybe the drive is not seeing them.

You say that the DVDs that you are trying to rip were burned on DVD-R
media. How were they burned? Are they copies of original DVDs made with
something like DVD Xcopy, or are they something else?

Shawn Asmussen