[mythtv-users] Kind of offtopic - how do you make a DVD under linux?

Dwaine Garden DwaineGarden at rogers.com
Tue Jan 27 00:33:46 EST 2004

Ajay Sharma wrote:

>I've used mkdvd and it works, but it's DAMN SLOW.  I have an Athlon
>1900+ and transcoding about a hour of video took four days.  No joke,
>FOUR DAYS.  But at the end of the whole process, I had a DVD ISO that I
>burned with k3b.
>
>Someone posted a howto on the Gentoo forums for how to burn a DVD using
>Linux tools:
>
>http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=117709
>
>Obviously it's a little gentoo specific but the programs are the same.
>
>later,
>ajay

That just sucks.   I'm trying to get some videos onto a dvd-r and watch
them on my player.   Seems impossible.

Even nuvexport takes about two days to make a svcd.

I can not believe all the utils in Linux, and all of them suck that
much.  It kind of defeats the purpose of buying a PVR-350 card.

Does anyone have any suggestions getting the output from the PVR-350
onto a dvd-+r disc.    Actually watching it on a dvd player?

4-7 days is not acceptable....

Dwaine.