[mythtv-users] Help!, DVB kernel loclup

Jon Dye jon at pecorous.co.uk
Sat Jan 24 14:51:21 EST 2004

Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> Simon wrote:
>
>>>My system locks up on a regular basis no logs just locks up.
>>>
>>>Its a Athlon 2.4ghz Duron a a Abit KV7 motherboard running
>>>fedora core 1 (2.4-22-1.2140.nptl_30.rhfc1.at).
>>>
>>>Anyone have any tips on tracking this one down, it problem
>>>appears to be when the drivers are opened. I've had not hassle
>>>with them loaded (modprobe or insmod) or even leaving a dvbstream
>>>going for a couple of days. But if I leave a script opening and
>>>closing them it tends to go within 15 mins.
[...]
>>Well I've had both cards running with dvbstream and mplayer all day
>>without problems. I lockup only occurs when I'm using mythbackend.
>>
>>Any ideas how I can resolve/debug go futher with this one?

I have the same problem with 2.4.22 and DVB 1.0.1, I then tried 2.6.1
with the built in DVB drivers and mythbackend died within minutes of
viewing liveTV with a kernel BUG entry in the logs.  I've switched back
to 2.4.22 with DVB1.0.1 for now because at least it'll run ofr a while
without locking the machine.

As you say, it seems to be when a program starts (or finsihes I havn't
worked out which) and I guess that is due to opening/closing the
drivers.  I never have a crash halfway through a program being recorded.

Just wanted to let it be known that you aren't th only person with the
problem.  I will get around to trying dvb-kernel from CVS at some point
and if I still have problems I'll go and metnion it on the linuxtv.org
lists but my last couple of posts have not probuced any useful responses.

JD