[mythtv-users] Artifacts on live TV...

Tony Maro tony at maro.net
Sat Jan 24 09:54:41 EST 2004

Daniel Jimenez wrote:

> I am having some artifacts show up while watching live TV. The following
> are my specs:
>
> Backend
> --
> Athlon 2500+ (333)
> 512 MB RAM
> UltraDMA 133 Enabled Segate 80GB HDDs x3
> BTTV AcerTV Card
>
> Frontend
> --
> Shuttle Box
> Athlon 2500+ running at Athlon 1800+ (to keep cool).
> 256 MB RAM
> Savage ProSavage DDR Video Card with 8MB RAM (AGP)

Try not using MPEG at all.  Set it for the other format (what's it
called again?) and set the quality as high as you can get without
dropping sound or frames periodically.  Only do this in the liveTV
settings and not "default".  Then again I have no experience running a
separate backend...

Also, they are right, you might want to post your encoding settings to
get better comments.

-Tony