[mythtv-users] Re: Managing multiple video archives & Watch Recordings vs. MythVideo

Eric Litman elitman at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 15:50:31 EST 2004

Eric A. Litman wrote:

> This point goes a bit further afield, but it seems to fit somewhere
> in this context. While it's easy to draw the logistic/physical
> distinction between content recorded by the TV encoder and "other"
> video content (Watch Recordngs vs. MythVideo), is it really
> necessary to separate the two sets as part of the end-user
> experience? To an end-user, shouldn't the location where content is
> stored and the mechanism used to display that content be irrelevant?

OK, so I just read the thread "Re:Internal Video player (was: MythVideo
Folder Support)" from 01/06-01/13 of this month, and it looks like J.
Donovan's recent efforts could be a big step in this direction. What
are others' thoughts on unifying the video interfaces so that a user
only need be presented with a single video archive? Issues/challenges?
Are there any significant interface paradigms that would need to be
changed to accomodate this?

-Eric