[mythtv-users] Weird video problem

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Fri Jan 23 11:13:21 EST 2004

> Van: Philip J. Morrison, Jr. <pjmorr at intrasection.com>
>
> It doesn't matter if I am using live TV or recorded TV but one out of
every
> 4 channel changes my video goes a dark red.  Kind of like macrovision
> protection you see on some DVD or VCR tapes.  Once it does this I have to
> exit the show and go back in.  This doesn't always fix the problem
though.
> Any ideas?  I am using coax TV in to the AverTV card without anything
else
> in the loop.

To me it looks like you set your recording resolution to high, or to
somewhat akward values. Try starting at the default 480x480 and bump it up
slowly. That might help.

I've got the same problem (on all channels AFAIK) when I set the X capture
res to the highest value. It looks kinda strange red-black striped
(sometimes purple too). I think it has something to do with being unable to
sync correctly onto the scanlines.

	Henk Poley <><