[mythtv-users] How does Mythtv recieve the IR signal?

Joshua Pollak pardsbane at offthehill.org
Fri Jan 23 01:59:31 EST 2004

You can use the PVR-350's remote with Linux (see the mythtv.org install
guide's appendix) using lirc. It does not communicate directly with the
PVR, but rather with MythTV, so you can map any button on the remote to
any mythTV function you want.

On Jan 22, 2004, at 8:42 PM, mythtv wrote:

> I was in the process of building a serial receiver tonight based on
> lirc.org and then I started wondering?
> What about the IR receiver on the PVR-350?  Is this good enough or
> will that only change channels on that card?
> I'm looking for a solution that will allow me to change channels on
> both my PVR-250 (oem no IR receiver) and 350 as well as work the
> MythTV features from one remote.
> Can myth make use of the IR receiver on the 350 to do all this or do I
> need to go ahead and finish building the serial receiver?
> Thanks guys
> Malcolm

Please avoid sending me Word or other Office attachments.