[mythtv-users] How does Mythtv recieve the IR signal?

mythtv mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Thu Jan 22 20:42:58 EST 2004

I was in the process of building a serial receiver tonight based on lirc.org
and then I started wondering?

What about the IR receiver on the PVR-350?  Is this good enough or will that
only change channels on that card?

I'm looking for a solution that will allow me to change channels on both my
PVR-250 (oem no IR receiver) and 350 as well as work the MythTV features
from one remote.

Can myth make use of the IR receiver on the 350 to do all this or do I need
to go ahead and finish building the serial receiver?

Thanks guys
Malcolm