[mythtv-users] MythTV under VMWare?

Scott Pouliot spouliot at scpsoftware.net
Fri Jan 23 01:09:10 EST 2004

Pretty good idea Kevin.  I actually tried this tonight and got the link up
and running perfect....the only problem is...it launches the IE plug-in for
QuickTime instead of Media Player.  QT of course crashes and burns...so I
un-installed it.  Now the browser just does nuttin.  Haha

I even tried giving it the full path to mplayer (C:\Program Files\Windows
Media Player\wmplayer.exe m:/<recorded_filename_goes_here)...but of course
HTML thinks it needs to add the prefix file:// to it...which causes the link
to do absolutely nothing.  I even associated NUV files directly to Media
Player...

I'll have to give this a second look tomorrow.  My eyes hurt at the
moment....

Scott