[mythtv-users] looks like ananova pulled the plug on tv_grab_uk

Mark Cooper mythtv-users at mcooper.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 22 13:43:15 EST 2004

Paul Woodward wrote:

> That really sucks. I used to use the desktop client DigiGuide(.com) for my listings. You have to pay about £5/year for it, but that's fine. Does anyone know if they do an xml listings service?

Yeah, there has been a number of requests for a XML feed from DigiGuide
for paying subscribers ( MythTV has even been mentioned ) but it hasn't
got very far. Why they think Linux users are more likely to abuse their
service/data than windoze users, I have no idea. They are under no
obligation to release source code/protocols under any form of Open
Source license either. Why they carn't just make the small intermediate
step that companies such as nVidia have done and just release binary
works is beyond me - I've been a paying customer of there's for the past
three years.

--

Mark Cooper
http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/ - Open Source PVR Hardware Database