[mythtv-users] ATI remote wonder lirc config file anyone

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Tue Jan 20 02:42:53 EST 2004

Lo Jeff,

I finaly had a play with the lirc_atiusb module yestoday and here are
some of my learning curve.

The current lirc cvs (alpha I assume) does not compile (missing
Makefile.kernel file).
The 0.7 pre2 (current compiled version in aptrpms etc.) does not contain
the lirc_atiusb driver/module
Compiling up my own version of 0.7 pre 2 myself with lirc_atiusb support
required a reboot before I could get irw to work.
Sometimes mythfrontend would cause lircd to fall over sometimes on startup.

Since I could appear to use the remote anymore in mouse mode I went back
to the gatos ati_remote driver and everything works fine.

I may have another go with lirc in the future if it gets a little more
stable..

Regards
Simon

--
I'd rather be led to hell than managed to heavan.